Empirasign Blog: Recent Posts
BWIC DashboardDec. 17, 2012
All market professionals can now enjoy some of the benefits of an Empirasign subscription at no cost. We are proud to introduce the Empirasign BWIC Dashboard. The dashboard shows all current BWICs we are tracking in the US and Eurozone ABS/MBS/CMBS markets in a clean, timely and accurate format. Our dashboard can be found by selecting BWICs on the top navigation bar, or by directing your browser to the following URL: www.empirasign.com/bwic.
Sample screen shot below:
To display the contents of any BWIC, simply click on the relevant table row as shown in the screenshot below:
If at any time, you would like to sign up for a Free Trial to our Full Service*, simply click on the blue "Register for 2 Week Trial" button at the top right of the dashboard. Or you can simply navigate to this link: www.empirasign.com/register.
*Full Service Features
- Database of all ABS/MBS/CMBS bid lists with trade color and dealer price talk going back to March 2010. Daily dealer inventories since January 2011.
- BWIC Email Alerts: Whenever a bond you have stored in a portfolio appears on a Bid List, you'll receive an email alerting you of this activity as well as links to all previous activity for similar bonds. Stay ahead of client flows without even logging in.
- API Access: Instantly download live and historical data right into Excel with our easy-to-use API. Contact us for a price quote.
- Comparable Bonds: simply click on a bond to run an algorithmic search to show trade color and offerings on similar bonds.
- Daily Recaps: Every morning you'll receive an email summarizing all BWIC and Offering activity for the bonds you have stored in a portfolio.
- Smart Email Search Tool: paste any email into our search box and we reveal the market data for each bond mentioned in the text and the BWICs referenced. This tool is great for making sense of the endless BWIC aggregation emails you receive throughout the day.
- And many more . . .
Dealer Offer SearchDec. 3, 2012
Navigate to this new search page by selecting Dealer Offers under the Find Bonds tab on our Navigation Bar (see screenshot below).
Start off by selecting a market sector, and clicking Go. After this is done a list of recent dates for which offering data is available appears (screenshot below). After at least one search parameter has been entered you can restart your search by clicking the red Restart Search button.
After selecting an offering date, a list of available dealers for that date is displayed. To complete your search request, simply choose a dealer and click Search. Search results are then displayed on the screen. To begin again, either reload the page, or click the Restart Search button.
As always, your comments are appreciated. Almost all of our product enhancements are driven by user feedback.
- Empirasign Market Data was cited by Dow Jones Thursday in an article on CMBS risk re-shuffling before Dodd-Frank takes effect. Link to article here: BlackRock, Rialto Dump Some of Their 'Skin' in CMBS Game.
- We have a new free preview page here: www.empirasign.com/bwic. It shows all the current BWICs we are tracking (both US and Eurozone). Show your friends who are not subscribers and they can get a peek at what they are missing.
- Speaking of friends who are not subscribers: Your site will receive an additional free web license for six months for any new customers you refer to Empirasign. More about this program here: www.empirasign.com/referral.
Faster API Bulk SearchesOct. 29, 2012
Bulk Searches have long been available via the Excel API spreadsheet. These were run one by one by looping through the list presented on the "bulk" tab. Now you can submit bulk search requests all at once and get results back at speeds up 100X faster than before. The changes are all behind the scenes. From the Excel user perspective, the only change is in the search speed.
Enter up to 200 cusips and/or Bloomberg tickers into the range A5:A204 on the "bulk" tab. To constrain your search to a specific date range, enter these dates in cells A6:A7. Then, click "Retrieve Data..." button. All results will appear on "bulk_results" tab.
Example Bulk Search Results Tab:
Download the new spreadsheet here:
Notes for Nerds:
Release Notes can be found in the commented section at the top of the spreadsheet's VBA code. Due to the increased amount of data being passed up to our servers, this API call uses HTTP POST--all others user HTTP GET. With POST requests, parameters are passed in the header, not appended to the URL. To aid in debugging, you can find the parameters passed by the VBA code in cell I1 of the "bulk" tab.
csv=true&bonds=61755FAC9,02660TCS0,05951VAJ8&app_id=johndoe&req_sig=4239f31Our API is language agnostic. i.e. Any client that can form valid HTTP GET and POST requests can interact with it. VBA example code can be accessed from the spreadsheet. Contact us for example scripts written in Python.
To be set up with a trial API ID, contact us directly.
BWIC Quick ViewOct. 16, 2012
Quickly inspect a BWIC's contents (bonds, price talk, and color) without ever leaving the home page. Just click on the BWIC Quick View icon (circled in red below) next to any BWIC's description.
BWIC Quick View Example: Empirasign BWIC ID: 121016K
The Quick View window can be dismissed by clicking on the X at the top right of the pop-up window.
Empirasign RecapsSept. 19, 2012
Before proceeding, it's important to note that you must have bonds stored in portfolio to realize the benefits of BWIC Alerts, or our new feature, Empirasign Recaps (as described below):
Every morning, you'll receive an email message detailing how your portfolio bonds fared in the previous day's BWICs and if they were offered by dealers. (see screenshot below for an example message recapping Friday, September 14th market activity for my portfolio bonds)
The first section (circled in blue) recounts any BWIC activity your portfolio bonds experienced. Average Price Talk and Trade Color for the given bond (when available) and a link to the BWIC it appeared on are displayed.
The second section (circled in green) recounts any dealer offerings we recorded for the bonds in your portfolio. Amount, offering level, and dealer are displayed.
For both sections 1 and 2, the sub-portfolios (tags) involved are displayed as well.
Utilizing these Recap emails is an effective way to start your day. For example, you can easily gauge market liquidity vis a vis your holdings. Or, follow up with clients who have matchers for recently traded bonds.
Please contact us if you need any assistance setting up or modifying your portfolios. The default max portfolio size is 1,500 line items. Upon request, we can easily increase this number for you. A few of our users store multiples of this amount.
To get started, head on over to the portfolio page: www.empirasign.com/portfolio.
previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 next