Empirasign is Hiring!
Job Title: Full Stack Engineer (NY or London Based)
- You must enjoy solving problems. Empirasign has succeeded because we have solved problems others have found too difficult or troublesome to tackle.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver production quality Python code
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- Data-informed product development experience, e.g., analytics, A/B testing
- Experience with MySQL, SQLite, Django, Bootstrap, jQuery, RESTful APIs
- Basic financial knowledge: time value of money, bond math, equity vs debt financing, technical analysis, etc.
- Microsoft Excel VBA
Why work at Empirasign:
Empirasign is a small and fast growing organization. Our revenues are growing geometrically and our headcount is growing arithmetically. That combination makes Empirasign an especially rewarding place to work. Our engineers have a real impact on the way people think about and use market data that arrives in unstructured form. If you think computers can extend, but not replace human cognition then this is the place for you. We are in the midst of building and monetizing the greatest repository of market data for Mortgage Bonds the world has ever known. Do you want to extend your coding background to Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition and NLP? We are small enough so that your skills can grow with our needs.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Job Title: Market Data Sales (London Based)
Empirasign Strategies LLC is looking for an experienced and highly motivated market data salesperson to help build the Google of the Mortgage Market. Our ABS/MBS Trade Database operates in a relatively untapped market with no viable commercial competitors. Our product primarily competes against the more costly and less effective internal systems of banks, hedge funds, and money managers. Candidates for this position must have at least 2 years experience selling fixed income market data, or relevant sales and trading experience.
- Selling multi-user and site license access to the Empirasign ABS/MBS Trade Database
- Prospecting for new clients
- Maintaining and extending existing client relationships
- Assisting with future product development based on client and prospect feedback
- Developing new markets for our product
- 2+ years selling fixed income market data
- Good client relationships, excellent listening, presentation and writing skills
- Entrepreneurial bent—ability to negotiate and structure deals
- Ability to develop or guide the development of marketing materials.
- Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Salesforce
Competitive Salary and Benefits
To apply for any of the above jobs, send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Empirasign Strategies:
Empirasign Strategies LLC was founded in 2009 to provide trading models and risk analytics to institutional clients and active traders. In early 2010 we extended our product line to include a real-time database of MBS trade data captured via Natural Language Processing techniques from emails containing Bid Lists and Dealer Offerings. Through our network of both buy-side and sell-side market participants we have assembled an unrivaled knowledge base of trading activity in the US, UK, and EU Structured Product Markets. Empirasign revenues have more than doubled for three years running. Our headquarters is located in midtown Manhattan. If you're interested in reshaping how the Bond Market operates, consider joining Empirasign.
For more on the ABS/MBS Trade Database follow these links: